I love a bargain, and do my best to avoid paying full retail for most things. Thrift stores, flea markets & yard sales are like exciting treasure hunts for me. This past weekend, there was a post-wide yard sale. That meant lots and lots of yard sales all over post. What fun! Normally, I would have taken Lovebug with me because she loves it as much as I do, but this time I went with some girlfriends instead for some Mommy time.
I even set my alarm and got up early! Any one that knows me well will be surprised at that :) I am so NOT a morning person, but I’m trying hard to become one. Once I’m out of bed with my face washed and teeth brushed, I can do it, but it’s that getting out of bed part that’s hard. A cup of coffee is usually needed too!
So, I met my friends around 7:00 and off we went! After stopping for coffee, we set out to find some bargains. I was very pleased with my finds! Although, most of it ended up being for Lovebug. Why do we moms do that?
What I got:
* A set of baskets with liners for only $3. The liners come out for washing, and I know one of these will make a perfect place to store snacks in the pantry.
* A Razor scooter for $5! Bug has one scooter, but at such a great price I thought it would be great to have one on hand when she wants to ride with a friend.
* I scored at one sale (or I guess Bug did) where a young girl was selling her books for 5 cents each!! That’s 20 books for $1.00! I ended up with around 30 books I think.
* Bug LOVES to play with Hot Wheels style cars, and I found an entire CASE of them for $5! The case even has wheels and a handle to pull around.
* A large wooden box (that held ammunition) that I plan on re-purposing as shelves with a little paint.
* Oh, and one pair of 4T jeans (for my almost 7 year old) that I will cut off and make into shorts for her.
I think that’s it. My friends got some incredible deals too!
Unfortunately, a lot of the sales didn’t happen because of the threat of rain (which ended up being a serious tornado!), so I look forward to more yard sales this spring/summer!
** What are some of your favorite yard sale finds? **